The Spring waiver period is 11/1/18 – 1/30/19.
Texas Woman’s University
Student Health Insurance Plan Waiver Criteria
Texas Woman’s University has established three circumstances in which an international student can request a waiver to the student health insurance plan by providing alternative health insurance coverage. In order to be approved for a waiver, your alternate health coverage must meet the requirements and be submitted with proof documentation prior to the January 30, 2019 deadline.
Please review these prior to submitting your waiver request.
- Student is sponsored by a foreign government recognized by the United States or certain international, government-sponsored or non-governmental organizations, and covered under a health plan that is compliant with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Student is enrolled in a U.S. employer-provided group health plan that is compliant with the ACA.
- TWU System Employee Group Health Plan coverage
An international student granted a waiver that does not include the Evacuation and Repatriation Coverage shall be automatically enrolled in this coverage and the premium cost placed on the student’s account.
Acquire the following scanned documents before clicking below to submit your waiver information:
- A scanned copy of the front and back of your health insurance ID card.
- A scanned copy of your complete policy, including exclusions & limitations.
Please contact Academic HealthPlans at 855-357-0245 if you have questions about this waiver.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR WAIVER REQUEST ONLY IF YOU MEET ONE OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA & HAVE YOUR SCANNED DOCUMENTS READY